Friday, February 13, 2009

A Volunteer's Heart

A Volunteer's Heart Home or Abroad was created for my Hubby's Military album. This pic was taken one day of their volunteer time. This day was spent at a local school. They built a fence around the school yard to keep the cows out. I love this pic because no matter what part of the world you are in there is always a class clown... see the boy on the far right.
This was created for a scrap lift challenge on The layers on the BG paper have all been distressed with a brown ink or green ink. The arrow and the bracket was inked and then stickled with a spring green color. The title HEART was inked with brown and then stickled with the walnut stain. The paper ribbon was created by using a fiskars paper punch and then hand trimming the inside edge along the rope shape. The Soldier stamp is Stampin' Up's Godspeed set and colored with coordinating greens and browns then select items are stickled. The metal hardware is Stampin' Up Hodge podge. The Journal box reads:
"Many hands Make light work" Heath and his coworkers helped build a fence around a small local school to keep the cows out. Kyrgystan 2007.
Thanks for looking I hope you enjoyed it.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hula Kids

I love these pic of my darling daughter and son. These were taken just moments after they opened their presents from their father. He brought my daughter the outfit and my son the ukulele. I love how much Hula attitude my daughter has while dancing to a CD I received by IZ (songs in my play list). My son is always so serious lately when I take his pic... must be a phase.
Background paper:
I started with a paper from Memory Stor Used my light brown ink and light blue ink on top of the Tim Holtz mask. On the bottom I also used my distressed stickles walnut stain to create a lightly sandy bottom.
The Tree:
This was created out of textured brown paper. I cut a long curve with the tree base and then folded it every 1/2" or so to create the "layers" look up the trunk. The Palm leaves were created out of silk leaves from a Christmas poinsettia.
The Hibiscus:
This was created by enlarging a clip art image and cutting out each petal and distressed and stickled the petals. The center was created with a prima flower and a grouping of rub-ons. Then a yellow irridecent stickles ontop of that.
I used Stamping up buttons throughout and rub-ons. I used a verioity of ribbons and fibers on each photo. Of course the flower cluster is all Prima with stampin up brads. Thanks for reading and viewing this post. I hope you have a great day and please feel free to comment if you liked anything in this post.
Update: 3rd place in the weekly ABC challenge.