This is my New Years resolution page. Things I want to accomplish this year. I am excited because this is my first time putting this down on paper.
One of the fun things on this LO is the Resolutions are incorporated in the design elements. Thanks to Microsoft word art and clip art.
New Technique: I tried out the silk flower folding technique for the first time on this LO. They are located to the left of the Pic. I folded 2-3 layers of petals and then stickled them I also added the bottom greenery part from the original flower.
I loved the way Robinzberdz from Scrapbook.com did the boarder with the three layers and the punch on her LO called "Priceless Memories". The photo editing was inspired by Kaye222 and her beautiful daughters.
Details for Live in 2009:
The Top right:
Here is a detail of the flourish with one of my resolutions on it. "Laugh a bit more. I need to remember how to enjoy life to it's fullest." Also in this section there is a closeup of the chipboard element. I just lightly inked this with a chocolate brown then used an iridescent orange glitter glue over it. This stickles style glue was a light compliment to the copper brads. There is also the letters here "How I ..." These were printed on white card stock off of the computer and then cut apart. You can also see a close up of the boarder style I loved from Robinberdz. This is is three contrasting papers using the same boarder punch.
Here is most of the title. The chipboard letters and numbers were finished in the same way as the design element on top of the photo in the last detail. Here you can see the three strips of PP I used to add a bit more dimension to the background. You can also get a glimpse of the free hand drawn heart done in the burgundy PP. All my PPs were inked along the edges with the chocolate brown ink pad from Stamping up.
Here is a detail of where I put two of my other resolutions. "NO Fear!" and my "Hand over control of the camera" they were printed up along this clip art flourish boarder. I then distressed the edge and added the brads and the stickles in the heart shapes. The same orange iridescent stickles were added with a brush on all of the flower petals. A coordinating spring green color of stickles was added to the leaves to highlight the veins as seen here.
It is being submitted to the Cosmo Cricket Jan challenge.
Update: 1st place in the CC JAN challenge
Made top 4th/83 in flower challenge